We encourage you to review the statements below explaining how we collect and use information you share with us.
Personal information is any kind of information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection.
By accessing the LMG website and/or submitting your personal information to LMG through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out in the Policy. If you do not agree with any term of the Policy, please do not use LMG's services or website.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Policy relates to personal information collected by any means. It is LMG's usual practice to collect this personal information directly from you. However, often your personal information is collected through the use of LMG's website or in response to LMG's printed and online advertisements. Furthermore, there may be occasions when LMG will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, LMG will take reasonable steps where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect and use will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and governmentissued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Financial – information that allows LMG to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor (e.g. bank details, tax details).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
As a general rule, LMG does not collect sensitive information about you (e.g. health information) unless relevant or necessary for providing our services to you or for employment or pre-employment purposes. However, in circumstances where LMG requires sensitive information from you, LMG will first seek your consent to collect it.
If you do not provide information, or the information provided is insufficient or inaccurate, LMG will be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION LMG
collects your personal information so that LMG may use this information to:
- Assist you in finding or retaining work;
- Assist in your career performance or management;
- Analyse human resource and labour markets;
- Send you marketing communications and information relating to our services which we think may be of interest to you;
- Develop tests and assessments in order to place you in appropriate roles;
- Pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor;
- Help in work rehabilitation;
- Directly market recruitment services to you (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails); or
- Provide you with LMG’s services.
By accessing the LMG website and/or submitting your personal information to LMG through any means, you consent to the use of your information as set out above.
LMG takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
In circumstances where your personal information has changed please contact the Customer Relations Manager, they will endeavour to update and correct the information in accordance with applicable privacy law. LMG may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
LMG takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist LMG in protecting your personal information. Your Personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on LMG's software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON LMG'S WEBSITE
Users are advised that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. The Internet is an open system and LMG cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. LMG cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
When you access LMG's website, LMG gathers information about users collectively. Such information includes the areas that users visit most frequently, and the services users access the most. LMG will only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. By doing so, LMG can optimise the services it provides to you. LMG may also collect personal information that individuals choose to provide via online forms or by email. Any personal information provided online is treated in the same manner as any personal information collected through other means (unless specifically outlined in this Policy).
FEEDBACK SUBMITTED TO LMG
The LMG website provides an area where you can submit feedback. LMG may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
LMG may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.
Please contact our Customer Relations Manager at LMG if you have a request relating to any of the following:
- if you would like to access, or correct, your personal information held by LMG;
- if you would like your personal information removed from the LMG database;
- if you would like to opt-out from receiving direct marketing e-mails; or
- any general queries relating to this Policy.
You may contact LMG's Customer Relations Manager by email:
If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information, please let us know by contacting the Customer Relations Manager at the email address set out above or by calling 03 6324 8628. Your email should set out sufficient details of your complaint, including any alleged breach of applicable privacy law.
- The Customer Relations Manager must consider your complaint and will contact you within a reasonable time to advise you of their determination and/or to request further details;
- In the event that the Customer Relations Manager determines that there has been a breach of this Policy, the Customer Relations Manager will direct LMG to take appropriate steps to rectify that breach and will keep you informed of both the nature of the breach and the steps taken to rectify the breach.
- The Customer Relations Manager will keep a secure record of all complaints.
We aim to investigate any complaints and respond in writing within 30 days. if you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
The Policy has been developed to apply across all LMG dealerships including Launceston Toyota and Audi Centre, Launceston Bus and Truck Centre, Launceston Honda and Jeep, Launceston Mazda, Launceston Mitsubishi, Economy Cars, Launceston BMW, Devonport Mazda and Burnie Mazda (collectively ‘LMG’).